At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Dimetra system is providing mission critical TETRA-based communication system. Linux Platform team plays a crucial role in delivering platform solutions (Linux operating systems, virtualization, hardware configuration and automation tools) allowing Dimetra system functionality. We are looking for passionate developers familiar with Linux operating system and having experience in Perl or Python to join our scrum team.
As a Linux Platform Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining operational system and software that we deliver within Dimetra system products. Additional scope of work will include performing system integration of software and hardware to maintain throughput and program consistency. Functionalities validation and tests is also contained in the scope of platform engineering.
- Degree in computer science, telecommunications, automatics, robotics field or similar
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of Linux operating systems (administration and troubleshooting)
- Good knowledge of Perl or Python
- English language skills at a level allowing efficient communication
- Good team-player communicating effectively with others
- Availability full time.
- Practical knowledge of KVM virtualization
- Knowledge of networks: TCP/IP, routers, switches configuration
- Troubleshooting skills, an analytic approach to given tasks and problems
- Experience in development and administration of automated test systems
- Experience working with GIT, JFrog Artifactory, JIRA