Apex Systems is a division of ASGN Incorporated, the 2nd largest IT and 3rd largest Clinical and Scientific staffing firm in the U.S. Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing® Client Diamond Award and Best of Staffing Talent Award for providing superior service to our clients and job seekers. Apex Systems provides organizations with scalable IT staffing and talent management services. We complement our staffing solutions with deliverable-based consulting services that enables us to help organizations drive better business performance. We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies in all major industries, including financial services, business services, consumer industrials, technology, healthcare, government services, and communications. With over 70+ locations, more than 1,000 recruiters and account managers as well as a candidate pipeline of more than 5 million throughout North America, we are equipped to serve our clients wherever needed.
The Business Entity
The Client offers a unique opportunity for talented, passionate, and highly-creative software engineers to have a wide-ranging impact on our operational capabilities. One of the teams primary objective is to service an OpenStack-based solution that we deploy and remotely operate, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As a member of our Cloud Systems Engineering team, you will be responsible for deploying and supporting the solution within the customer data centers. Site Reliability Engineer best practices will be the foundation of this team’s efforts and collaboration to reduce toil and drive innovation to our customer.
- Working side-by-side in a truly collaborative manner with our architecture, operations, sales, marketing, and executive leadership team to provide best in class solutions, services, and customer support.
- Collaborating with your peers in the Cloud Systems Engineering group to ensure that our solutions and services meet and exceed our clients expectations and achieve our rigorous quality standards.
- Becoming an expert in the OpenStack standard platform and Clientss enhancements to this platform.
Typical job functions include:
- On-going operations in a large-scale, multi-cloud environment.
- Proactive system/network monitoring & troubleshooting.
- Proactive system capacity planning.
- Deployment and task automation.
- Issue/Incidence response.
- Code-level analysis of issues including root cause determination and/or potential code fix.
- Peer-level customer support for low-level, highly-technical issue resolution.
- 6+ years of Linux administration and engineering experience including a deep understanding of the Linux networking stack at the kernel level.
- 3+ years Python development experience or an equal level of level of proficiency in another
- Provide code/script/recipe examples pertinent to infrastructure support.
- Be happy learning Python; OpenStacks code-base is written in Python so becoming comfortable with Python is required.
- Extensive knowledge of modern virtualization technologies (5+ years - KVM knowledge is a must)
- Knowledge of Ansible is preferred
- Ideal candidate has experience with Kubernetes and docker container technologies
- Experience deploying a host virtualization platform. Specific experience with a cloud platform not required.(5+ Years)
- Hands-on networking experience and a strong foundational knowledge of networking models including VLANs, WAN, routing, bridging, etc.