SMT Shipping was established in 1990 and is rapidly growing shipping company with the fleet of over 40 cargo vessels operating worldwide. The company employs over 1500 seafarers and over 100 persons of offices staff.
More information on our web site: www.smtshipping.com
SMT Shipping (Cyprus) Ltd. is looking for candidate on position of: Support and Maintenance Computer Technician responsible for support and maintenance computer network on the company ships operating worldwide and for the same in the offices ashore. Candidate will have to travel frequently to the vessels to support them on board. Between the travels Employee will work in the office in Sopot.
- Providing on-site and/or remotely the assigned to him duties, following the established ICT Policies, Procedures and Reporting Lines.
- Supporting the Information, Communication, Technology systems available on board the vessels, reflecting Computer and Communication Networks.
- Maintaining the Information, Communication, Technology systems in good operational condition.
- Safeguarding the Network environments and platforms.
- Responding and solving Hardware and Software problems.
- Supporting Officers on day to day activities – issues.
- Checking, Monitoring and Verifying on board System Backups (on-line and Off-site).
- Tuning and Testing Security and Control Systems.
- Installing (On-site and/or remotely) Information Systems.
- Installing required Computer and/or Communication equipment onboard.
- Implementing, Updating and/or Upgrading Information – Application Systems.
- Application Systems Maintenance, Follow Up, Support.
- Providing training for onboard Application and /or Information Systems.
- Education on IT, the highest level, the better (to be indicated in CV and certificates to be shown during interview).
- Fluent English due to the necessity of cooperation with international team.
- Availability of frequent travels to the vessels operating worldwide. Travels often are unexpected according to the vessels needs.
- Work in rapidly developing shipping company.
- Work in international team.
- Frequent travels with benefits offered by airlines (frequent flyers cards)
- Competive salary (depending on proffessional knowledege and experience) to be agreed during interview